Tuesday, September 28, 2010

20 Days till Maraton - still able to run!

Today I had to force myself to pull it together and run. I only had a little 3 miler to do but after yesterday I thought I would never run again...it was all good. I did the 5 km slow but steady. Decided to run on the treadmill in case I couldn't make it back to the house! lol Everything went fine. I ran for 30 mins, got over the 'I'll never run again...comments running in my head' and now it back to a steady 3 weeks of training. Scared my dad a bit. He was worried I didn't run the long run on Sunday but we finally connected this morning and I reassured him that come hell or high water I am running this marathon!!! There is no way, I'm going to all this effort to not run it! I have so many great supporters such as my daughter Sophie, who does yoga stretches with me every morning before heading out the door, Daniel who encourages me to do my run when I really really don't want to and to all my readers who send me little notes of encouragements here and there. I will not let you down!! PEI Marathon here I come...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment