Sunday, September 26, 2010

22 Days till Marathon - Long Run check!

I did it!! I did it!! Felt pretty good too. I ran 36km today. Left the house around 8:30am it was 10 degrees out. It just finished raining so I was happy I didn't have to many puddle to run through. There is not much I say about the run other than I just kept putting one foot in front of the other and I eventually made it back home. At the end of the run I felt like I could keep running with little extra effort so I'm confident I will do well on race day.
The real lesson came when I fainted in the shower after my run. I had a unique experience in that, I decided to go take my bath and shower after my run before eating anything. BIG MISTAKE! I laid in the bath for about 10mins and then decided to finish off with a shower. I stood up and just had time to catch myself on the window handle before collapsing back to the bottom of the tub. It took me another 15mins to gather the energy to get back up again. I took a really cold shower to allow me to function and then finally crawled out of the bathtub. What did I learn...eat, eat, eat after and even during the race. Or even better yet, eat more carbs a few days out from my run. Underestimated the amount of carbs I would need. It was a scary experience but I'm glad to have learned it on my training run. At least I didn't throw up like a few people I know.
Today's Stats: 22 miles, 34.94 km in 3:46:24, avg pace 6:29 /km, avg speed 9.3 km/h burned 3106 cal, avg heart rate 160 bpm, max heart rate 221 bpm
Weather: partly sunny, 12 degrees nice morning for a run
Listened To: Power of Now - I was in the moment of NOW the whole time!

No comments:

Post a Comment